Dear Mr. Jayhl
I am pleased to submit my resume for consideration for the available Assistant Principal position with your organisation. Given my background in education and talent for leading students instructors and teaching teams toward success I feel I am in a great position to make a positive impact with William High School.
My current position as Assistant Principal at School for the Natural Environment involves curriculum development instructor assessment and providing results for State regulations. The school has increased its student success rate by 5% since my hire in 2005. I have planned designed and implemented various academic incentive programs for student enrichment.
With these programs students develop a sense of self-awareness by competing for academic incentives (books and audio books) for outstanding performance and attendance. Other programs have created a student-based academic schedule to ensure the best learning environment for elementary attendance.
The attached resume provides further detail about how my qualifications and background are a match for your team’s needs in an Assistant Principal. I welcome the opportunity to further discuss how I can apply my strengths to the progress of William High School.
I appreciate your taking the time to review my credentials and experience.
Assistant Principal Cover Letter
Assistants Principal provide support to school principals and take over their role when absent. This job includes several different responsibilities, such as administration, managing personnel, disciplining students, and communicating to employees and stakeholders. Examples of Assistant Principal duties include developing school calendars, establishing examination periods, organizing various events, assigning locations for each class, preventing and handling bullying, suspending students, collaborating with social workers, informing students on behavioral rules, and keeping in touch with staff and parents.
A successful sample cover letter for Assistant Principal should showcase the following qualifications:
- Supervisory skills
- Education administration expertise
- Organization and planning
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer competences
- Knowledge of school programs
- The ability to motivate others
- Stamina and perseverance
- Deadline orientation
- Attention to details
Similar Assistant Principal qualifications can be seen in the cover letter example provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Assistant Principal Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Berg:
As a skilled and enthusiastic professional with experience in school administration, curriculum planning, and student relations, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and passion for education position me to significantly impact your school in the role of Assistant Principal.
Supervising administrative and teaching staff, implementing school policies, leading assessments, and managing extracurricular programs are just a few of the areas in which I excel. My passion for cultivating rewarding, dynamic, and high-performing educational environments has successfully resulted in high levels of faculty retention and excellent student experiences.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Excelling as the Assistant Principal for John F. Meyer Middle School in Tampa Bay for the past nine years, driving the planning, development, and implementation of curriculum and special programs while generating reports, promoting staff professional development, and handling diverse administrative tasks.
- Maintaining a fine balance between meeting, or surpassing, state guidelines and national criteria for standardized test scores while remaining committed to focusing on the “whole child” experience—including emotional and social growth.
- Partnering with parents, teachers, guidance counselors, and social workers to improve student attendance and resolve difficult problems.
- Building and sustaining strong student and staff relationships, encouraging queries and comments and laying the foundation for a challenging and exciting school environment.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at your school and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Elena J. Cramer