British people ruled India for almost 200 years and to make India independent and to break free from the British rule many freedom fighters sacrificed their lives. Independent India is the result of a decade-long fight with the British rule. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was the founding father of the Republic of India who played a key role in the contest struggle for independence and its integration into a united independent Nation. This article will provide you with the core information about Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and it will help you to build a better speech and write a perfect essay for the speech and essay competitions organized by your school or college. You can modify the information according to your needs because speeches and essays have a different structure.
Beginning of the speech on Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
Good morning everyone, honorable chief guests, respected principal, teachers and my dear friends today I am going to talk about one of the leaders who played it all in the battle of independence of India which is Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Now, I would like to start my speech.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was a strong leader, an ambitious personality. The word “Sardar” itself means a chief, a leader. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was one of the leading figures in the battle for the independence of India. He was the first Home Minister and first Deputy Prime Minister of India. People used to call him as the Ironman(Lohpurush) of India.Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was born on 31st October 1875, in Nadiad village in Gujarat. Is childhood was spent in the countryside of Gujarat. His father’s name was Jhaverbhai Patel who was a farmer and his mother’s name was Laadbai.
He passed his matriculation exam at the age of 22. He spent many years away from his family and home to complete his education. In the initial years, he used to practice law as a successful and skilled lawyer. In 1909, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s wife, Jhaverba, was hospitalized in Bombay for her operation of cancer. Despite the successful surgery, she died in hospital. When he got the news of his wife’s demise he was in the middle of a trial in the courtroom and it is said that he read the note of his wife’s death news, put it in his pockets and continued the trial in the courtroom. He was very passionate and determined about his work.
At the age of 36, he went to England for his further studies completed a course of 30 months and return to India to become one of the most successful barristers in Ahmedabad.
After winning the election in 1917 he became the sanitation commissioner of Ahmedabad and later was introduced to Mahatma Gandhi and his Satyagraha movement and supported him. After independence in the Congress president election, Patel stepped down in favor of Nehru at the request of Gandhi and he played a key role in the integration of the princely states into the Indian Federation, hence he was called as the unifier of India.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel died on 15 December 1950 at the age of 75 at Birla House, Mumbai. After his death, in 1991 he was awarded India’s highest civilian honor Bharat Ratna. In 2014, his birthday 31 October was celebrated as “Rashtriya Ekta Diwas”( National Unity Day).
He is still remembered by his work and the contribution in the battle of independence of India.
End of the speech on Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
The independent India we live in today is the result of sacrifices made by the freedom fighters and we will always remember their work. On this note, I would like to end my speech. I would like to thank our honorable chief guest, respected principal and teachers for giving me the opportunity to deliver my speech. Thank you. Jai Hind Jai Bharat.
Tips for Speech on Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Prepare a structure in mind which will help you to know what comes after what.
- Speeches are meant to be delivered with confidence and enthusiasm, so don’t mug up the speech.
- Practice the speech in front of your friends and family members it will help you to deliver the speech with more confidence.
- You can even use this information for compering / anchoring speech too.
Tips for Essay, Paragraph, and Article on Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Be specific on your points.
- Try to avoid the grammatical and punctuation mistake.
- Double check the facts and stats in your information such as important figures, dates, and persons.
- If you are not able to remember a word, simply use the synonym for that word.
If you liked our honest attempt to spread information, then please let us know in the comment section below to motivate us. Thank you. 🙂
Liked the Post? then Rate it Now!![Total: 0 Average: 0]
For the uninitiated, Sardar Patel was one of the founding fathers of the Republic of India who along with Mahatma Gandhi led the Satyagraha movement. He led many marches against the British and played a key role in the freedom struggle of the country. A truly great social leader, his work was characterized by excellence. He has made his spot in the history of our nation and in our hearts for eternity.
Today, on his 140th birth anniversary, let's get to know just how badass he was.
1. Commonly called Iron Man of India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was a lawyer by profession and was lovingly given the title of Sardar, meaning leader or chief.
2. He was the first Deputy Prime Minister AND Home Minister of India.
Source: The Famous People
3. Patel finished high school at the relatively late age of 22 years. His family considered him to be unambitious and destined for a common-place job.
4. He passed the state examination for law with no formal education - only borrowed books from acquaintances.
5. Sardar Patel went to England to further study law after having put his elder brother through a university in England as well. He aced the Barrister-at-Law examination there.
Source: Statue Of Unity
6. He came back to India and started his practice in Ahmedabad. He was offered a job for the British government on multiple occasions, but turned them all down.
7. He contracted the Bubonic Plague when it swept through Gujarat and survived it. This plague killed about 12 million across India and China.
Source: U4U Voice
8. His wife Jhaverba passed away when he was only 33 years old, but he loved her deeply and so, never remarried.
Source: Statue Of Unity
9. During Congress elections in 1946, thirteen out of sixteen states chose Sardar Patel as their president, who was the more popular candidate and would have eventually become the first Prime Minister of independent India.
But upon Gandhi's request, he stepped down as a candidate and endorsed Jawaharlal Nehru instead.
10. He is credited for the political integration of over 500 princely states into the independent Indian Union.
For this reason October 31st (his birthday) is celebrated as Rashtriya Ekta Divas (National Unity Day).
11. A man of great fortitude, he survived a heart attack in 1948, and died of natural causes in 1950 even while making jokes on his deathbed.
Source: The Famous People
12. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1991.
There you have it. Just in case you didn't already know just how great this man was. Let us, as a nation, thank him for being the person that he was.
Happy birthday, Sardar Patel.
TAGS: birthday, freedom, independence, india, inspiring, iron man of india, sardar vallabhbhai patel, unity,