Writing a Research Paper
This page lists some of the stages involved in writing a library-based research paper.
Although this list suggests that there is a simple, linear process to writing such a paper, the actual process of writing a research paper is often a messy and recursive one, so please use this outline as a flexible guide.
- Discovering, Narrowing, and Focusing a Researchable Topic
- Finding, Selecting, and Reading Sources
- Grouping, Sequencing, and Documenting Information
- Writing an Outline and a Prospectus for Yourself
- Writing the Introduction
- Writing the Body
- Writing the Conclusion
- Revising the Final Draft
Discovering, Narrowing, and Focusing a Researchable Topic
- Try to find a topic that truly interests you
- Try writing your way to a topic
- Talk with your course instructor and classmates about your topic
- Pose your topic as a question to be answered or a problem to be solved
Finding, Selecting, and Reading Sources
You will need to look at the following types of sources:
- library catalog, periodical indexes, bibliographies, suggestions from your instructor
- primary vs. secondary sources
- journals, books, other documents
Grouping, Sequencing, and Documenting Information
The following systems will help keep you organized:
- a system for noting sources on bibliography cards
- a system for organizing material according to its relative importance
- a system for taking notes
Writing an Outline and a Prospectus for Yourself
Consider the following questions:
- What is the topic?
- Why is it significant?
- What background material is relevant?
- What is my thesis or purpose statement?
- What organizational plan will best support my purpose?
Writing the Introduction
In the introduction you will need to do the following things:
- present relevant background or contextual material
- define terms or concepts when necessary
- explain the focus of the paper and your specific purpose
- reveal your plan of organization
Writing the Body
- Use your outline and prospectus as flexible guides
- Build your essay around points you want to make (i.e., don't let your sources organize your paper)
- Integrate your sources into your discussion
- Summarize, analyze, explain, and evaluate published work rather than merely reporting it
- Move up and down the "ladder of abstraction" from generalization to varying levels of detail back to generalization
Writing the Conclusion
- If the argument or point of your paper is complex, you may need to summarize the argument for your reader.
- If prior to your conclusion you have not yet explained the significance of your findings or if you are proceeding inductively, use the end of your paper to add your points up, to explain their significance.
- Move from a detailed to a general level of consideration that returns the topic to the context provided by the introduction.
- Perhaps suggest what about this topic needs further research.
Revising the Final Draft
- Check overall organization: logical flow of introduction, coherence and depth of discussion in body, effectiveness of conclusion.
- Paragraph level concerns: topic sentences, sequence of ideas within paragraphs, use of details to support generalizations, summary sentences where necessary, use of transitions within and between paragraphs.
- Sentence level concerns: sentence structure, word choices, punctuation, spelling.
- Documentation: consistent use of one system, citation of all material not considered common knowledge, appropriate use of endnotes or footnotes, accuracy of list of works cited.
Getting Help with Writing a Research Paper
Writing research papers is one of the least favorite things that college students have to do. Why? Because, every time one is assigned, there is this long, time-consuming and energy-sapping process:
- Finding a topic, refining that topic, and developing a solid thesis statement
- Conducting academically-sound research using source materials that are appropriate for the college level
- Synthesizing all of that research into sub-topics and constructing a research paper outline that will guide the actual writing.
- Writing that rough draft
- Creating a research paper introduction that will engage the reader, introduce the topic, include the thesis statement, and prepare the reader for what it to come
- Editing and revising that rough draft so that it is polished and ready to turn in.
Now, multiply this process times every course you have in a semester. You could spend all of your spare time doing nothing but researching, writing, and revising! If this doesn’t sound like how you want to spend all of your spare time, then it’s time to get some professional help.
Order research paper right now!
Help Writing a Research Paper Doesn’t Get any Better Than from GetAcademicHelp.com
You may have tried another research paper writing service or two and been grossly disappointed. The products you received were badly written, possibly plagiarized, and looked to have been written by some foreigner. They probably were all of those things! And they probably soured you on using writing services ever again.
We are here to restore your faith in writing services, by giving you professional, top-quality research paper help – research and writing that will be conducted by actual degreed English-speaking writers with the academic backgrounds and the academic writing experience you want and need.
The Bottom Line? GetAcademicHelp.com is Unique and Different!
We began in this business a number of years ago with a business model that most other writing services have never had. This model puts the customer first, and has the following criteria:
- We will only use degreed and experienced writers: When you place an order for a paper from us, you will get a research paper writer who has both the degree and level of degree that qualifies him/her to produce your paper. If you are a high school student, your writer has a Bachelor’s degree; if you are an undergrad, you writer has a Master’s; if you are a grad student, you writer has a Ph.D. This is a strict policy and we do not veer from it.
- All research and writing will begin from scratch, only after an order has been received and assigned to a writer. Other writing services keep databases of papers, find one on your topic and then try to re-write or “spin” it to meet your requirements. This never works, and the results are terrible!
- All written works will be reviewed for their quality of composition, their resources, and for originality. Never will even a plagiarized sentence be sent out to a customer
- Customers have the right to request revisions to their final drafts until they are completely satisfied – no exceptions!
- We will protect the identity of our customers so that they can use our service confidentially.
- We will follow every detail of every specification that a customer requests, and we will deliver products by the customer’s deadline.
Does this sound like the kind of help writing a research paper that you want and need? Of course it does!
free plagiarism report
24/7/365 customer support
free unlimited revisions
Just say, “Write my research paper,” and Consider it Done!
- Place your order for a research paper on the form you find on our site
- Fill in all the fields carefully and accurately
- Watch us find your writer within an hour and notify you that s/he is ready to begin
- Access your personal order page, say hello to your writer, and give him/her any more information that is needed
- Go on about your other business and check in often to see what progress has been made
- Get notification when your paper is finished
- Get on your account page and open up the final draft. Review it carefully and make sure it is exactly what you want.
- If you like what you see, click approve and download the paper
- If you want some changes, click the revision request button and tell your writer what you want.
- Get the revised version, approve it, and you are ready to go!
When any customer says, “Write my research paper,” we do not mess around. We are on it immediately.
Writing a research paper no longer has to be that horrible “monster” lurking over you, threatening to destroy your peace and fun. You can simply turn all of those pesky assignments over to GetAcademicHlpe.com and get the perfect paper each and every time.
What are you waiting for? Get your order in and go have a beer with our friends!