Restaurant Manager Cover Letter
Restaurant Managers are in charge for the business performance of a food establishment. Their role includes ensuring restaurant profitability, coordinating marketing activities, scheduling shifts, planning menus, adhering to hygiene standards, and making sure customer service is excellent. One of their duties is preparing regular reports on food control, staff performance, and sales.
Those looking to work as Restaurant Managers should showcase in their cover letter samples the following qualifications:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Managerial abilities and leadership
- The ability to work under pressure and multitasking
- Teamworking abilities
- Decision making
- Problem-solving orientation
- Computer literacy
An example cover letter for Restaurant Manager emphasizing similar skills is presented below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Restaurant Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Bueche:
Upon discovering your posting for a Restaurant Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and motivated restaurant general manager with more than 10 years of experience, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Easton Fine Dining’s goals in this role.
My background includes leading operations, teams, and processes to drive business and customer service success within the restaurant sector. From training and developing staff to overseeing budgets and profit and loss responsibilities, I excel at managing teams, propelling revenue enhancement, and stimulating maximum levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Increasing sales by 65% and decreasing overall business costs by 8% at Sunny Side Up family restaurants.
- Recruiting, training, and managing dynamic and productive staff to propel restaurant success.
- Overseeing facility operations—including budgets, inventory, scheduling, and staff development—to optimize efficiency and productivity.
- Coordinating all aspects of new site openings, ensuring on-time launches, comprehensive staff training, and seamless operations from day one.
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and multitasking skills to excel within fast-paced, customer-facing environments.
My skills in team and operational leadership have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Restaurant manager cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a restaurant manager, or download the restaurant manager cover letter template in Word.
Is your job search serving up less-than-appetizing opportunities? Time to restore order. To be considered for top restaurant manager jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a restaurant manager, or download the restaurant manager cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about food services careers and look for restaurant manager jobs on Monster.
Restaurant manager cover letter template
Sometown, NC 55555 | 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
November 20, 2017
Ms. Myra Jones
55 Main St.
Sometown, NC 55555
Re: Restaurant Manager, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Jones:
If you are searching for a dynamic, hands-on and award-winning restaurant manager for DEF Restaurant on Broad Street, please consider my strong qualifications.
Beginning at age 16, I have worked in nearly all facets of food and beverage service. Following work as a busser, dishwasher, line cook, waiter and host/maître de within casual and fine-dining restaurants, I was recruited to serve as assistant manager for Riverside, XYZ Restaurant Group’s flagship 4-star restaurant.
Within three years I was promoted to general manager of Riverside, and last year the board of directors requested that I lead the turnaround of Dogwoods, the group’s fine-dining property.
Rewarded with two “President’s Awards” during my tenure at XYZ, my guest-first mentality and innovative approach to restaurant management have delivered:
- 18% revenue growth (last fiscal year) by launching new catering operations, restaurant concepts and dining options capitalizing on the latest culinary trends.
- 8% margin increase in one year by improving cost controls, minimizing waste, negotiating food costs and optimizing staffing.
- Triple the number of social media followers by introducing the company’s first digital marketing program.
I excel at building performance-driven cultures and supervising teams of up to 50 focused on service excellence and profit-goal attainment. If my track record and passion for F&B excellence are a close match to your needs, please call me at 555-555-5555. I hope to hear from you soon.